- View Assessment Committee Hearing – Oct. 16, 2018: On October 16, the Solana Beach View Assessment Committee voted to recommend approval of the project to the Solana Beach City Council. This important milestone clears the way for the project to move forward to a vote by the Solana Beach City Council.
- Revitalization of Solana Highlands Draft EIR open for public comment until August 2
- Story poles return to Solana Highlands – April 16, 2018
- City Council Hearing – Dec. 5, 2018 at 6 p.m.
The City Council hearing for our plan to revitalize Solana Highlands has been planned for Wednesday, December 5 at 6 p.m. at Solana Beach City Hall. The agenda for this hearing will be posted on the City’s website at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
- View Assessment Committee Hearing – Oct. 16, 2018
Neighbors and H.G. Fenton first began meeting in October 2010 to discuss the company’s intention to revitalize Solana Highlands. A community outreach program began in 2012 to keep neighbors informed and solicit their input on project design, which resulted in several project plan modifications. In March 2014, the project plan was presented at two community open houses where neighbor feedback resulted in further modifications prior to the plan’s submission to the City in June 2014. The View Assessment process rolled out over the spring and summer of 2015, and neighbors provided significant and specific feedback that took time to incorporate into the overall project plan. As of April 2018, new story poles were installed to indicate where major modifications to height have been made. An Environmental Impact Report was released by the City in June 2018 and was finalized in October 2018.